Why being a Historian is cooler than being...whatever you are

You know, the wrong questions are asked when people try to figure out what they want to do.

People consider weird, irrelevant things like...

How much money can I make?

Can I help people?

Can I qualify for this job?

Will this job make my parents proud?

When any fool knows the real question to ask when considering what career to pursue is, "What vocabulary can I use and still look cool?"

See, if that was the question people asked, almost everyone would choose to be a historian.

After all, when you are a historian, you do not look stupid when you say things like this:

"While I was masticating my food, it occurred to me the rein of Galba would have been longer had he not pettifogged the soldiers over the donative."

But if you are not a historian and say that, everyone looks at you like you are an idiot.

So yeah, if you want to use awesome words like "pettifogger", be a historian. Everything else is just second best.

2 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

I'll make that comment at lunch and see how it goes ;)

Darth Weasel said...

please do, and report back to me!