Oh, the irony

Where we live, our little house is in a bizarre position; it catches wind from both directions. Additionally, we live in one of the windiest areas of the state.  So with all the snow...well...we got some build up.

Like 4'+ of build up. 

I went out tonight to try and put chains on the car in case of emergency if we need to go out somewhere. Unlikely, but being prepared for an emergency is wiser than not being prepared, right?

Well, there was a ton of snow to dig out. It was about 15' from the front of the car to the road which I needed to dig out the width of the car plus a couple feet on either side so I could get to the tires. 

Quite a project. Probably took me an hour and a half or so because it was so deep, so wide, and so long.

Of course, I probably could have finished it in 40 minutes or so if not for one unforeseen, ridiculous problem.

See, I had gotten really large. And lately we have been working to reset our lifestyles which has resulted in some significant weight loss, closing in on 20 pounds.

Naturally, along with the weight loss has come some loss in waist size. About 8" or so, since I can get in a 36 waist again when a 44 was my recent size.

So while I am trying to shovel snow, I have to stop about every 2 or 3 scoops...to pull up my pants. Ironically, if I was still a tank, I could have finished the job in a quarter of the time. *sigh* Curse you good health for the extra work you cause me. ( :-) )

3 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

LOL Darth! Congrats on the weight loss...sorry about the falling pants...

Did you ever read the children's story about the old man mouse who's grumpy because his pants keep falling down, and the little mouse children make him a happy guy by suggesting he hold them up with chewing gum? Wait, that might not work when it's this cold...

Darth Weasel said...

no, but it sounds hilarious. any idea what it was called?

Riot Kitty said...

I own it!

It's in a book of stories called "Mouse Tales," by Arnold Lobel.