Big changes

Wow, so lots of things. First, I am proud to say I not only reached my goal for December 9th, I reached it early...and in excess. Despite 2 Thanksgiving meals, I dropped 10 pounds in 21 days. Woo-hoo!

Okay, so enough back-patting. 

Today was the first day at my new job. I mean, it is with the same company, but it is in a different position. Instead of sitting behind a desk, now I am pulling loads out in the warehouse.

I am actually pretty excited about it. I have been growing more and more irritable about talking to people on the phone and I suspect this has also bled into my personal life a bit as I have become a not very good conversation partner sometimes for friends and/or family. So it should let me get back to being more friendly.

I already feel less stressed and much more vitalized. Also, it is just plain awesome to be doing some physical work again. I had gotten into a stretch where I just wasn't getting exercise like I needed.

Of course, I was worried about my feet, particularly the left one. On top of being on my feet 8 hours a day, I will be wearing steel-toed boots. I tried to get some open-toe steel-toe sandals...but they said that wouldn't work. Not sure why. :-)

Anyhow, steel-toe are very hard on the ball of the foot. I am happy to say that, though I was getting a bit sore at the end of the day, I still feel okay and am ready to tap it again tomorrow.

So that is what is new in my world. Actually a pretty humongous change. Usually I don't mention those sorts of things. I am trying to do more of it. 

Hopefully the humor posts will be back tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Riot Kitty said...

Hola! Congrats on the 10 lbs - they say the first 10 lbs is the hardest (don't ask me who "they" are, though.) And I'm happy that you'll be doing a job with far fewer irritating people...