That dog is laughing at me...

The Goose had wanted a chihuahua for a long time and I finally caved and found one I did not hate. So of course when she went to look at it, she never even saw the one I looked at but did spot one she liked and so we have the little yapper.

Like a fungus, the little thing has grown on me and I sometimes admit I not only do not abhor Bella (as in Taco Bella...chihuahua...Taco Bell...Bella...yeah, I know) but I sometimes like her.

Except when she laughs at me.

See, our front yard is not fenced. And somehow, this weekend she decided she liked being outside. So any time we went in or out all weekend, she watched. And if we were not looking...BOOM! she was out the front door and racing around the lawn.

Now, as a general rule she is always underfoot. She loves being around us and is always within reach. But when she sneaks outside...well, the rules are changed.

See, sometimes I play a game with her where I will step towards her as if I am chasing her. She loves that, she runs around the house like mad as if I am chasing her, then when she figures out I am ignoring her, she comes up to me and waits for me to do it again.

Imagine how fun it is when she sneaks into the yard...and thinks we are playing the same game. Except I actually want to pick her up and take her into the house.

Now imagine I step out of the house, she sneaks out, it takes me about 5 minutes to catch her, I put her back in the house, turn around....and she sneaks past the Goose.

I swear that, as I chased her, she was laughing at me. Bella, I mean, not the Goose.

1 comment:

Riot Kitty said...

Oh, I bet the Goose was laughing at you, too ;)