In this episode of friends...

Back in the day...I am not saying how far back, but we were listening to this on an 8-track player...there was a routine where everything was bad-good,,,if it sounded good it meant bad and if it sounded bad it was good.
For example, they are pretty well into the routine when this exchange (or a close approximation of it) came up:

"I found a short cut."
"Oh, that's good."
"No, that's bad. It went through a sheep pen."
"Oh, that's bad."
"No, it's good. The sheep were friendly."
"Oh, that's good."
"No, that's bad. One of them bumped me and knocked my gum out in the pen."
"Oh, that's bad."
"You're telling me that's bad, I thought I found it three different times."

So in the spirit of that....a fake conversation about an actual event

"I hear old Hubert and Josef took a tractor for a drive."
"That's good. About time those two friends did some work."
"No, that's bad. Hubert fell off the tractor and got run over. Broke his ribs and arms."
"That's bad."
"No, that's good...Josef actaully noticed he was not on the tractor and went back to look for him."
"That's good. That's what friends should do."
"No, that's bad...Josef did not see him laying there, ran over him again and broke his legs."

Seems like a good time for a few "with friends like that" jokes...but I actually think they would detract from the humor inherent in a story of a guy getting plowed by the same tractor twice...once by someone trying to help him.

No comments: