And with Christmas over...

Was walking to the Blazer game the other night. Good part about walking is it is refreshing in the bitter cold winter air, it is good exercise, and I enjoy it. Bad thing is having to listen to the people around me.

Take the Asian or Oriental group following me, loudly discussing whether they were pacifists or not. And the girl who spouted off, "I am a pacifist, just not towards certain races."


Rrrrrrriiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht.

Something tells em you do not fully comprehend the meaning of pacifism. And I am willing to bet if she heard someone else make a similar remark, she would jump down their throat for the racist attitude. 

Do people even think about what they are saying?

Rhetorical question, we all know they don't.

So as 2008 comes to a close, I am debating; should I take a couple writing sessions for expounding with the full force of my theoretically brilliant mind, explaining to people the difference between how the world works and how it should work?

Or should I just do a couple more posts about the hilarity that passes for news?

Either way, wishing all who stop by a belated yet still semi-sincere Merry Christmas.

which reminds me; to all those who  are on the end that wants to take "Christ" out of Christmas and replace it with X-mas...take a look at the root word. Mass. You are still willing to celebrate Catholicism...you know the one, the Crusades, the Inquisition, murdering the Lollards and Huguenots and...well, the list is lengthy, bloody, and embarrassing. Way to celebrate the good while eliminating the bad. Well done.

3 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Hahaha! Nice last paragraph.

You should do both the expounding and funny stuff. I like them both :)

And the part about pacifist "just not toward certain races..." That is too hilarious!

It's sort of like saying you're against necrophelia...only with certain corpses.

JLee said...

Did you see the story about the athiests trying to take the words "under God" out of the presidential oath? Interesting...

JLee said...

actually it was the phrase "so help me God" and I misspelled "atheist"
Geez, I'm slipping.