It's time for...another list

You know, most people would say I am not even middle age. I am, after all, a 30 something. And while certainly no twig, I engage in at least a reasonable modicum of activity; I mow the lawn, weeded the entire....smurfing...front area, the flower beds running the length of the house and also the area around the mailbox...I play softball, during the winter I play basketball...

yet I decided I am, at least, middle aged and approaching old age. I have ways of knowing. And for those who are unsure of how to tell they are entering old age, I have compiled a list of hints you may recognize that help you realize you are getting old.

5) The idea of dinner and a movie sounds too exhausting so you call out for pizza and watch tv.

4) When someone says, "You never forget that smell" your first thought is not, "Marijuana" but rather, "Ooh, Ben Gay...I could use some of that!"

3) The price of gas has quadrupled during your driving career. You are still young if it has just doubled...

2) The reason you think glasses are sexy has nothing to do with appearance, the aura of intellect or their newness; you are just excited to be able to see all the way across the street.

1) Your last knee injury occurred while you were sitting at your desk. Not moving.

3 comments:

JLee said...

awww..that's a 3 in front of your age, not an 8! lol

Riot Kitty said...

Oh man! I am taking the Fifth. On a bright note, I bought your b.day card back in March - yes, March! - because it was so sarcastically perfect.

Darth Weasel said...

Sadly, I actually DID injure my knee. While at my desk. Immobile. Then again...I don't really use Ben Gay so I guess it is all good...