Ring is right...wring his neck

As an unabashed sports fan, I have far too often seen something that really, really annoys me. Whether baseball, basketball, football or hockey...because I have seen it at all four...the situation is essentially the same. The game is rocking along, people are having a good time, and your attention is drawn to the scoreboard, often by an announcer saying something subtle such as "Miss Pennywhistle, please direct your attention to the scoreboard where Nimrod Joe the Schmuck has something he would like to ask you."

And of course, the romantic churl is there on bended knee popping the ring box and the question..."Will you marry me?"

Now, besides the fact that a scoreboard proposal is about as romantic as recrating the proposal from Rocky...and yes, I know someone who did that, although ironically, in his case, it sort of made sense...think of the pressure? Who would dare say no there? And once the "yes" is uttered I should think it would be most difficult to go back on it and say, "I just said yes because we were in public. Here is your ring back, varlet, never trouble me with your knavish ways again."

Which got me to thinking: is there a WORSE way to propose than a sports stadium scoreboard?

Lets' go down the list of possible worse ways:

5) Someone you just met in a car crash

4) Someone you just met at a funeral

3) At a sporting event that DOESN'T have a scoreboard

2) At the Doctors where the test came back positive...yes, you ARE with child

1) Hacking into her video game and inserting the proposal when she reaches a particular score.

Oh, wait, that one has been done...

3 comments:

JLee said...

hahaha...I was about to make some sarcastic remank, then I realized "I LOVE Bejeweled!!" lol

JLee said...

remark, that is...ha

Darth Weasel said...

Jlee has gone Foghorn on us. Girl, ah say girl,...