I owe an apology

I have, from time to time, mocked the losers...err, individuals in the Rock, Paper, Scissors and Competitive Eating championships. After all, RPS is something you play when you are like 13 to decide who grabs the soda or who has to go to the store or take out the garbage. It is not something you pay hundreds of dollars to fly across the ocean to compete in. It is not something where, at the World Championships, you should have amateur and PROFESSIONAL divisions. How the smurf does one become a professional RPS competitor? Who pays you for that? How do you make your living?

Mush less competitive eating nonsense. Don't even get me started on that stupidity.

but wait...maybe it isn't as bad as I was thinking. I mean, as lame as those are, it could be worse. It could be something like the World Beard and Moustache Championships. Now THAT would be truly lame. I mean, if someone had something like that, I would definitely owe an apology to the losers setting up and participating in food gluttony and rock paper scissors competitions.

Oh, wait a second....they had that, too. I am so sorry, RPSers and competitive eaters. I wrongly ranked you among the Worlds' Biggest Losers. You just move up from last and next to last place in that category all the way to next to last and 3rd from last. My apologies for the wrongful ranking.

1 comment:

Riot Kitty said...

No, you owe THEM an apology - I think the biggest losers are the cops that have to go undercover to do the restroom sex solicitation beat.