A very cool idea

I generally call about 5 different people my "best" friend. When your inner circle is composed of family and people you have known for 20 - 33 years it is hard to rank them. I have never really understood the concept of ranking friends anyway.
I mean, if your "best" friend calls and asks you to go April caroling and your "second" best friend asks you to come change his feeding tube...do you say no to #2 because #1 asked you something? Smurf no. You probably combine them and go April caroling while filling the feeding tube with helium and beans.
I can't think of a friend I have whom I would not go a long way to help...and have done so for many of them. By the same token I cannot think of a friend I have who would not go a long way for me...and again, most of them have demonstrated this at one time or another.
That is why those close friends are some of the very few...okay, they are the ONLY people I trust. They are the ones I enjoy spending time with. They are the ones whom come up with wacky ideas that are cool and get me excited about doing things.
For instance, one of my closest friends has suggested something that I think would be incredible. He ran across some site or such thing that helps you start your own internet radio station. Alan suggested he and I do such a thing.
How cool would that be? Choosing your own content, filling the time however you wanted...the only project I am currently working on I am more excited about is the NA in pop culture book. Well, and my famous trilogy that seems to have stalled for the spring.
Of course, figuring out what to put on, coming up with a format, stuff like that can be difficult. He is handling the technical aspects, I am handling the ideas.
I have some ideas...and hope I get more. Here is hoping it comes to fruition.

No comments: