Uh..how, exactly, are they secret?

Sometimes headlines just don't make much sense. For example, and continuing my theme of mocking murder victims, apparently...

"Secret papers reveal Bhutto security lax"

Okay, let's parse this out a bit.

Secret papers
Exactly how secret can they be if A) people know of them and B) people know what is in them? It reminds me of a fabled bit of family lore in which my older sister taunted me with information she had that I wanted; "I'm not telling you that your getting a train for Christmas." Hmm. Some secret.

...reveal...security lax
What? Just because your not-so-secret papers have revealed all to the world, it is suddenly safe to assume that security is lacking? Just because confidential, important documents are readily available to people thousands of miles away you want us to believe they were not taking good enough care with security? That is ridiculous. I am afraid I will need some other evidence before I will believe they had security issues. If something like a bombing happened, then I might believe it...

No comments: